Newsletter: Connections | Peer review: An insight into MSFHR's principles and process

Title: replace with my subject
The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

May 2017

Peer review: An insight into MSFHR's principles
and process

Rigorous peer review is the cornerstone of MSFHR funding programs. It ensures the Foundation supports research that meets the highest scientific standards, invests in BC's best and brightest researchers, and builds our province's capacity for world-class health research.

Read about our peer review principles and see a visual overview of the review process.

Dr. Kelli Stajduhar (2001 Trainee & 2005 Scholar) has been awarded a  2017 Distinguished Academic Award from the Confederation of University Faculty Associations of British Columbia.

2010 Aubrey J. Tingle Prize winner Dr. Julio Montaner has been awarded the Killam Prize in health sciences for HIV/AIDS research and the 'treatment as prevention' strategy.

MSFHR Board Member  Dr. Nadine Caron has been awarded a 2017 UBC Medical Alumni Association award.

Dr. Sohrab Shah (2011 Scholar, 2006 & 2008 Trainee) and a team including eight other MSFHR awardees have published a study in Nature Genetics, uncovering seven new subtypes of ovarian cancer that will allow for more targeted treatment.

Follow Us

  Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
200 - 1285 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 3X8
T  604 730 8322  |  F  604 730 0524  |  E  info@msfhr.org