New Development: Letter of Intent Phase for Strategic Partnership Grants for Projects/Du nouveau pour les subventions de partenariat stratégique pour les projets: ajout de l’étape de la lettre d’intention

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Dear colleagues,

Based on feedback received during consultations with the community, NSERC will be adding a Letter of Intent (LOI) stage to the application process for the Strategic Partnership Grants for Projects, starting with the 2017 competition cycle. The LOI stage will be mandatory for all applications to Strategic Partnership Grants for Projects (SPG-P).  Following an evaluation by the Strategic Projects Selection Panels, a select number of LOIs will be invited to submit full applications.  This process will reduce the effort of the research community in preparing applications and result in a higher success rate overall.

We are currently developing the necessary framework for a fall launch of the LOI process for the 2017 competition. Our projected schedule is:

February 1

Deadline for submission of letters of intent

April 1

Invite applicants to submit full applications

June 7

Deadline for submission of full applications

August 15 to 31

Strategic Projects selection panel evaluation meetings

September 15

Announce results of Strategic Projects competition

Please refer to NSERC’s website periodically for information and updates.  We thank you for your commitment to this program and hope that we can count on your continued support as we introduce this new phase in the review process.

If you have questions, please contact strgr@nserc-crsng.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

Bettina Hamelin
Vice President, Research Partnerships
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada