Funding Opportunity: Biosphere Research Award

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Inline image 1

Biosphere Research Award

The Clayoquot Biosphere Trust is pleased to have provided two awards of $20,000 each to support research within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region that advances our local understanding of conservation challenges in our marine and/or terrestrial ecosystems and helps us to prioritize conservation actions.

Research Proposals are evaluated based on the following key criteria:

  1. Research that addresses key species and ecosystem threats within the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve region.
  2. Research that addresses a trend of degradation on target species or ecosystems of ecological and/or cultural importance.
  3. Research that applies to conservation action and can be applied in other areas as well (broad application). Conservation action refers to management responses that can mitigate the threat.
  4. Research findings need to be communicated in a public forum of some kind.
  5. Research proposals that support the spirit and intent of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve designation.
  6. Research that follows local protocols including local First Nations review and compliance with BC Parks research permits.

Eligibility: Organizations must be a registered charity, education institution, or local or First Nation government. Lead Applicants must have completed, or be near completion of, a relevant graduate degree and have current affiliation with an eligible organization.

Get the Guidelines and Application form

Deadline: April 17, 2017, 4pm PST
Award Announcement: mid May 2017

--