GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF INVITED TO GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT
Specifically, the record for the most people performing lunges in one location, simultaneously.
Date / Time / Location
- Monday, March 14th, 2016
- 12:25pm – 1:20pm
- Convocation Mall, SFU's Burnaby campus
- 12:15pm – 12:30pm Arrive to Convocation Mall. Enter through Exit 6, receive wristband and proceed to the corresponding position. SEE MAP
- 12:30pm – 12:45pm Ensure you are in correct formation and begin warming up. Follow any instructions from your Record Steward.
- 12:45pm – 1:00pm Group warmp and official record attempt.
- 1:00pm – 1:10pm Prize draw
- 1:10pm – 1:20pm Enjoy free granola bars, fruit and juice, compliments of Nesters Market SFU
Finding Convocation Mall
What should you wear?
- Comfortable athletic clothing and footwear are a must. Your one knee must touch the ground when performing each lunge, so athletic pants are recommended.
- SFU gear, or RED clothing!
What is our goal?
We are aiming to break the current record of 802 people performing lunges simultaneously in one location, currently held my Mercedes College in Perth, Australia.
To encourage participation, all students who register for – and attend – the event will be entered in a prize draw for $250, as well as for $100 gift cards to Lululemon, SportChek, Under Armour and SFU Spirit Shop. Furthermore, those who register in groups will receive an entry in a $500 prize draw for every 10 registrants they bring. Finally, the group who brings the most participants to the record attempt will automatically win a $500 prize.
View previous record holder video: