CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
SFU alumni, students, faculty, staff and members of the general community are invited to nominate candidates for the 2013 SFU Outstanding Alumni Awards. The awards were established in 1983, and this year marks the 30th anniversary of the Outstanding Alumni Awards program.
- The deadline for nominations is June 21, 2013.
Each year the Association honours outstanding graduates who have made significant contributions in fields such as:
- Academic Achievement Profound activities in academic research, teaching, program development, and/or educational administration.
- Arts and Culture Prominence and acclaim in the fine, performing, literary and/or applied arts.
- Athletic Achievement Superlative performance in and/or service to professional or amateur sport.
- Professional Achievement Impressive achievement in the graduate's field of professional or career endeavor. Includes but is not limited to: business, social services, sciences, medicine, and law.
- Public Service Outstanding contributions in public administration and policy development; notable service in elected or appointed positions at local, provincial, state, national or international levels.
- Service to the Community Notable service and/or contributions to the welfare and advancement of local, national or international communities.
- Service to the University Professional or voluntary activities undertaken on behalf of SFU, the Alumni Association, or other organizations affiliated with SFU.
To nominate a candidate in the future:
Please complete a nomination form and include as much supporting documentation as possible.
- To be considered, nominations must include the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the nominator and supporting information on the nominee.
- Confidentiality is assured. Nominators may, at their discretion, inform nominees that they have been nominated.
- A selection committee comprised of past award winners and alumni appointees will review all nominations and recommend award recipients for approval by the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Nominators and winners will be notified in the fall. Awards will be presented at an event in the following spring. Nominations are welcome from alumni, faculty, staff, students of Simon Fraser University and members of the general public.
Each nomination package must include:
- a fully completed nomination form
- a biographical sketch of the nominee (resumé or curriculum vitae is recommended)
- a clear and concise statement of 300 words or less which indicates why this candidate is deserving of an Outstanding Alumni Award
Additional supporting documentation may include:
- pertinent news articles (please provide full article along with a link to the source)
- copies or links to relevant videos
- list of other appropriate media mentions
- list of awards or other public recognition
- letters of reference
- other information deemed pertinent by the nominator
For more information please contact:
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6