- Stay connected
- Get involved
- News & events
- Our alumni
- About us
- May Convocation
- Phased Registration
- Convocation day!
- Faculty Celebrations
- Health & Safety
- Congratulations messages
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Check the forecast and dress for the weather!
- All graduates and guests must have their Eventbrite tickets printed or on their phone upon arrival.
- Before you send your guests to Convocation Mall and line up for your procession, give them your purse/bag, flowers, balloons, and other large items to hold onto during the ceremony.
- Plan to carry only your blue parchment folder (if you remembered to bring it), and your hood if you received a PhD. Special exceptions can be made if cultural protocols require you to carry a symbolic item.
- Share your day on social media and use #MySFUGrad in your posts. Tag SFU Alumni too, as we may share your special moments (IN: SFUAlumni_ TW: SFUAlumni)
- Make sure your guests are prepared. They’ll need the Eventbrite ticket printed or on their phone to check in.
- Have the convocation map handy to help you find where everything will be.
- Taking photos near the mosaic tiles? Don't stand against the wall. Instead, stand a few feet from the wall. This adds depth and will make your photo more spectacular.
- Having a hard time keeping that smile authentic? Try smiling and pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth. It sounds weird, but can work.
- Don't try to rush through taking photos prior to your ceremony, you'll have lots of time to get that perfect shot after.
Looking for some photo inspiration?
Trying to find some photo ideas? Here are a few that we love from past ceremonies.