Frontiers in Archaeological Sciences 2
August 27th-29th, 2018
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
The Department of Archaeology at Simon Fraser University is pleased to announce that the second edition of the international workshop “Frontiers in Archaeological Sciences” will be held on August 27-28-29 2018 at Simon Fraser University Burnaby, BC. Attendants will have the opportunity to learn from and interact with an international panel of leading scholars presenting on the latest scientific methodologies applied to Archaeology.
This year’s panelists are:
Michael Richards (Key Note Speaker)
(Department of Archaeology, Simon Fraser University, BC, Canada)
Rudy Reimer/Yumks (Public Lecture Speaker)
(First Nations Studies & Dept of Archaeology, Simon Fraser University, BC, Canada)
(Department of Archaeology, School of Geosciences, University of Aberdeen, UK).
(School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Manchester, UK).
(Centre for Archaeological Science, University of Wollongong, Australia).
(Department of Humanities, Universita Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain).
(Archaeometry Laboratory, University of Missouri Research Reactor, USA)
(Kimmel Center for Archaeological Science, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel).
(Department of Archaeology, University of York, UK).
At conference desk only
o 3-Day Full Conference Fee: CAD$200, Cash only!
Registration fees include Coffee breaks and lunches. Dinners are not included.
Remaining Space is Very Limited !!!
|Pre-Registration and Abstract Submission Deadline:||April30th, 2018 (passed)|
|Acceptance Notification:||May 8th, 2018 (passed)|
|Registration Fee Deadline:||June 30th, 2018 (passed)
|Late Registration Fee Deadline:||August 21st, 2018 (passed)|
|Workshop Dates:||August 27th-29th, 2018|
Early Career Award
This award will be assigned to a PhD student presenter with outstanding academic achievements by the scientific committee. The award will cover the registration fees and up to CAD$500 support in travel expenses.
· Francesco Berna, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Simon Fraser University
· Dan Cabanes, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Rutgers University
· Candice Koopowitz, MA, Simon Fraser University
· Peter Locher, MA, Simon Fraser University
· Mattea Wiebe, MA, Simon Fraser University
· Emma Lowther, RA, Simon Fraser University
· Merrill Farmer, Manager, Academic & Administrative Services, Simon Fraser University
· Rosa M. Albert, Ph.D., ICREA Research Professor, University of Barcelona
· Mark Collard, Ph.D., Professor, Simon Fraser University
· Catherine D’Andrea, Ph.D., Professor, Simon Fraser University
· Jon Driver, Ph.D., Professor, Simon Fraser University
· Dennis Sandgathe, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer, Simon Fraser University
· John Welch, Ph.D., Professor, Simon Fraser University
· Dongya Yang, Ph.D., Professor and Associate Dean, Simon Fraser University
Department of Archaeology at Simon Fraser University
In the past, the Department of Archaeology at Simon Fraser University contributed to the development of AMS, OSL and dietary isotope studies in the figures of Earl Nelson and David Huntley. Recently the department expanded its archaeological science faculty and laboratories with ancient DNA, stable isotopes, vibrational spectroscopy and soil micromorphology. Today, SFU's Department of Archaeology has an admirable record of integrating archaeological sciences into teaching and research programmes, and is championing the integration of social theory, indigenous archaeology, and the physical and environmental sciences.
SFU Workshop’s Sponsors
Jon and Cathy Driver Fund
THE BERTHA AND LOUIS WEINSTEIN RESEARCH FUND