Information for Applicants
Note: There is a mandatory application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
The deadline for the receipt of completed applications is January 15th for entrance into the program in the following Fall Semester (September); however, we encourage you to apply early in order to open your application online and ensure you have time to upload your materials and your referees have sufficient time to provide a reference. Please note reference letters are done online through the application system. Instructions can be found within the application system.
Heritage Resource Management applicants, please view the HRM page here.
Original transcripts should be addressed to:
Graduate Program Assistant
Archaeology, EDB 9635
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6
Applications must include the following:
- The application form - it is important that we receive this early so we can start a file and keep track of letters of reference and transcripts. APPLY ONLINE
- Three letters of reference
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions you have attended - please ensure that these are sent directly to the Archaeology Department, or provided in a sealed and stamped envelope - NOTE only one copy is required (If you attended SFU, you are not required to provide an SFU transcript. We still require transcripts from all other institutions you have attended.);
- A concise statement of research interests - not more than half a page;
- A list of your publications - if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae - it is required to submit a current CV with academic contributions, including published materials, conference papers, and reports.
- Writing sample
- Scholarship Applications - All applicants are automatically considered for Entrance Scholarships and Graduate Fellowships.
It is now possible to view the status of your application and the receipt of applicable materials online. This can be done by viewing your "To Do" List via goSFU. Please feel free to contact the Graduate Program Assistant by phone (778-782-4727) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your file. Note: If your file is incomplete, it will not be reviewed.
Following acceptance, the details of required courses are determined on an individual basis. Further information on the graduate program and university regulations may be obtained from the University Calendar.
Information about departmental faculty and their interests can be found in the University Calendar, or by visiting their respective web pages. International students applying to the department may be interested in the financial information posted here.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies at Simon Fraser University.