- Chair's Message
- Our People
- About Archaeology/Careers
- Support Our Students
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- HRM Professional Program
- News & Events
- Internal Resources
At the Masters level, the Department offers a traditional Masters of Arts (MA) in Archaeology (click here for the Heritage Resource Management professional program). The program requires submission of a thesis and can be completed in six terms (2 years), but students have up to nine terms (3 years). The program requires completion of at least 33 units.
Applicants must satisfy the University admission requirements as stated in Graduate General Regulations 1.3 in the SFU Calendar.
- a bachelor’s degree from SFU or its equivalent from a recognized institution (preferrably in a related field)
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (3.5/4.33 is required for to be considered for entrance awards)
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees, of the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced studies in the area of interest
- proof of English Language proficiency
INTERESTED IN APPLYING? YOUR FIRST STEP IS TO FIND A FACULTY MEMBER WILLING TO SUPERVISE YOUR RESEARCH PROJECT.