Special wing devoted to B.C. art

Jul 10, 2003, vol. 27, no. 6
By Carol Thorbes



Document Tools

Print This Article

E-mail This Page

Font Size
S      M      L      XL

Related Stories

Laura Moodie (above), registrar of SFU's art collection, holds a photograph of one of the Simon Fraser gallery's latest acquisitions. The photograph, taken by SFU photographer Ron Long, is of a mural painted in oil on canvas by Charles Comfort. The Toronto Dominion bank originally commissioned the mural for its flagship branch in western Canada at West Pender and Granville. It was a fixture at the branch from 1951 to 2002. The bank recently donated the mural to SFU. It will become the centre point of a special wing devoted to B.C. art at SFU's Burnaby campus. Long's photograph of the mural, along with several others he has taken of recent art donations, were on display on the Burnaby campus gallery and will be at the Harbour Centre's Teck gallery starting July 25.

Search SFU News Online