How Can I Apply?
1) Apply to SFU under the admission category that applies to you on the SFU Admissions website.
2) Prospective students can find the admission requirements for the 'Bachelor of Environment' under the 'Faculty of Environment'. These requirements apply for those interested in either the Resource and Environmental Management (REM) and Global Environmental Systems (GES) major programs.
- Those interested in the Sustainable Business Joint Major program (Bachelor of Environment-BEnv or Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA) may only apply for admission to this program once they have been admitted to SFU and have met the internal admission requirements (See: SFU Students (internal transfer) for further details). Therefore, students should apply directly for admission to Beedie School of Business (BBA)* or to the Faculty of Environment (BEnv).
*The admission requirements can be found on the Beedie School of Business’ admissions website.
SFU Students (internal transfer)
To apply for an internal transfer into the Bachelor of Environment (BEnv) for the:
1) Resource and Environmental Management (REM) and the Global Environmental Systems (GES) majors, SFU students require a minimum 2.00 CGPA for admission, continuation and graduation. Students interested in transferring please contact Sandy Goettler, the Academic Advisor at: email@example.com.
2) Sustainable Business Joint Major, offered by Environment and Business (BEnv or BBA)**:
- BEnv students must meet the admission requirements for the Beedie portion of the joint major as outlined in the SFU Calendar. For further information on this process please see the Beedie admission page and consult with a Beedie Undergraduate Advisor.
- BBA students must meet the joint major admission requirements for the Environment portion of the joint major as specified in the SFU Calendar.
- SFU students from another faculty must meet admission requirements for both portions of the Sustainable Business Joint major as detailed in the SFU Calendar.
**Note: For the Bachelor of Environment Sustainable Business Joint Major students may opt for either a Bachelor of Environment degree (BEnv) from the Faculty of Environment, or a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from the Beedie School of Business. The faculty from which the student chooses to complete a degree will govern faculty requirements.
It is the responsibility of each student to be aware of faculty regulations as stated in the Calendar. Departmental and faculty advisors and staff are available to give advice and guidance. However, the ultimate responsibility for completeness and correctness of course selection, for compliance with and completion of program and degree requirements and for observance of regulations and deadlines rests with the student.