Join the study
Do I qualify for the study?
1. You are 19 years old or older
2. If you have been diagnosed with sarcoidosis or other pulmonary fibrosis AND have worked in an industry with job tasks or exposures involving beryllium for example, but not limited to:
- Dental prostheses
- Electric power generation & distribution
- Foundry workers
- Machinists & ceramics of exotic metals
- Metal fabrication
- Manufacture / repair / maintenance of vehicles (Cars, airplanes, ships, boats, etc.), electronic & precision equipment
What is involved in participating?
Participants will be asked about health conditions and work history. If the provided information suggests protential disease risk, we will provide participants a simple diagnostic blood test, called the beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test (BeLPT), at no charge. Collected blood will be analyzed in two laboratories:
- National Jewish Health (Denver, Colorado,USA)
- Insitut National de la Recherche Scientifique - Institut Armand-Frappier (Laval, Quebec, Canada)