Computer Stores on the Lower Mainland
by Dave Carmean
Here is a list of places that I or others recommend (suggestions welcome). Please ask me (Dave Carmean) for recommendations before you buy a computer. Currently I recommend a minimum of 8GB RAM (maybe more if the computer's RAM is not upgradeable, as in macbook airs, 21.5" iMacs, and some ultrabooks.).
- A-Power (I have been buying RAM and others items at their Burnaby location, and have been pleased with their service.)
- Apple online and several local Apple Stores in the lower mainland (education discount). Consider refurbished!
- Newegg Canada
- Coquitlam Laptop Repair (Vancouver)
- Simply.ca Service, new & used Apple computers
- dmac in Richmond and Surrey Centre.
Dell: http://www.dell.ca/epp (requires log in using SFU email)
SFU IT Services manages statistics, MS office, and some other software. Students should check "The Ultimate Steal". Please read our computing help page.
Reminisce at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine