Emelia Kirkwood, Undergraduate Advisor
Appointments and Drop-ins: On-line Schedule and Appointment Booking (https://bookings.science.sfu.ca/biology/)
The advising online schedule and appointment booking system requires you to log in using your SFU computing ID. If you are a prospective student, please contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant (email email@example.com, phone 778-782-3551) to arrange an appointment.
Appointments may be made or cancelled online at least 24 hours in advance. Last minute cancellation will prevent other students from accessing the advising service. Please contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book or cancel your appointment within 24 hours.
For questions, please check Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant at email@example.com.
Please note that drop-in advising is intended for quick questions only. For course planning and graduation check, please book an appointment through the online appointment website. Please bring your advising transcript when you see the advisor.
First- and Second- Year Students
- Typical Lower Division Core Program - recommended sequence of courses for the first two years.
- Degree Planning Worksheet
- Tips for Students and Parents – How is University Different from High School?
Third- and Fourth Year Students
- Upon completion of the lower division core courses, declare in one of three Concentrations:
- Non-BISC Upper Division Courses Commonly Used as Substitutions for Upper Division BISC courses
- List of Upper Division BISC Laboratory Courses
- Students intending to transfer to SFU from other BC post-secondary institutions are encouraged to follow the Flexible Pre-Major plan, and consult with the BC Transfer Guide for information on transferable courses.
- Students who transfer into the Biological Sciences Major and Honour programs from other institutions may count a maximum of 2 transfer courses toward their upper division program requirements.
- Students who transfer into the Biological Sciences Minor program from other institutions may count a maximum of 1 transfer course toward their upper division program requirements.
- Transfer students are encouraged to meet with the Undergraduate Advisor upon receiving an admission offer from SFU.
- Provisional Course Offerings
- Program Requirements and Course Descriptions
- WQB requirements (and lists of courses with W, Q, and/or B designations)
- Academic Dates and Deadlines (adding and dropping courses, tuition, graduation application)
- Program Planners (Checklist) for Major, Honours and Minors
- Forms - Including Current Program Planners, Prerequisite Waiver, Certificate of Illness
and be sure to check out these Useful Links and Resources