What will you study?
There is a great diversity of molecular and cellular systems in life on earth. The way organisms function and interact with their environment is governed by processes at the level of organs, cells, molecules and genes. In the Cells, Molecules, and Physiology concentration, you will use the latest techniques to understand such things as:
- How do simple molecular changes translate into the developmental diversity of life?
- How do organisms respond to toxicants, diseases, and other stressors?
- How do cells within an organism communicate with each other?
- How are cells in different tissues (e.g., muscle, nerves) specialized for different functions?
- What technologies do scientists use to sequence and study DNA?