What will you study?
Evolution is the core of biology. From molecules to ecosystems, all living systems show the traces of their evolutionary history. The science of ecology often provides the context for understanding this history, by helping us to understand how organisms interact with each other and the environment. In the Ecology and Evolution concentration, you will use the latest techniques to understand such things as:
- Why are there so many different kinds of organisms, and how are they related?
- How do organisms make decisions that affect their growth, reproduction, and survival?
- How do these decisions affect the growth and decline of populations?
- Why do organisms form social groups?
- How did humans evolve?
- Are human activities a threat to biodiversity and how can knowledge gained in biology be applied towards conservation of habitat and/or species?