Explore the waters with Aqua Adventures! Campers will get to experience a thrilling water adventure each day, possibly including dragon boating, sailing, and kayaking.
The best of both worlds! This biking & coding camp offers a fun, safe, educational and exciting introduction to computer coding and multi-discipline biking. Learn how to create your own website, program a robot, and edit a movie you filmed during your iRide bike sessions!
Climb on SFU's brand new indoor climbing wall! These half-day camps are an exhilarating experience filled with safety skills, technique instruction, games and lots of climbing. (Can be combined with afternoon camps to make a full day).
Perfect for beginners or climbers wanting to learn something new! Participants will be taught how to belay, an important skill that requires campers to be responsible for each other’s safety.
Learn how to survive in the wild! Each week will include exciting outdoor activities such as archery, hiking, orienteering, and a field trip. Become an outdoor master and utilize the knowledge learned. Activities are weather dependent and subject to change.
Field trips - all day, every day! Explore a different destination in the Lower Mainland each day. Field trips may include the Vancouver Aquarium, Science World, cycling, local parks and beaches, and many more.
Test your limits with Outdoor Adventures! We will take campers on a captivating adventure each day. They may get to test their limits on a high ropes course, experience rock climbing on cliffs, and hike through the wild!
*not offered Summer 2017*
Explore the underwater world by earning your scuba diving certification. This performance-based program will guide you through the basics of diving with knowledge development, pool dives and 4 ocean dives. Successful completion will earn you the most recognized scuba diving certification in the world - PADI Open Water Diver.
- All knowledge development and pool dives will be held on SFU Campus and ocean dives will be held off campus
- Basic swimming ability required
- Students may visit Ocean Quest Water Dive Centre prior to course start date to pick up a PADI Open Water Manual.
- All equipment included (including drysuit and undergarments)
- Complete all of the following paper work and bring to camp:
- Parents/guardians must attend orientation on first day (15 minutes)
- Participant minimum weight of 100 lbs
- Transportation to and from Whyte Cliff Park (for ocean dives) is NOT included.
Contact Ocean Quest Water Dive Centre for more information:
107-3790 Canada Way, Burnaby