Services for Parents
Drop off and Pick up
SFU Camps Drop Off Locations
1) Express Drop Off on Fox Lane - (Recommended for returning and experienced campers)
- Lane Open ONLY during Summer Camps from 8am to 8:45am
- Campers vehicle Drop Off will be supervised and operated by SFU Camps Staff
- Campers may exit vehicle and proceed to Camps Sign-in (Central Gym) using staircases designated by Camps Staff. Campers will be under direct supervision and supported by Camps Staff and volunteers.
2) West Mall Parkade - Free Complimentary Parking for SFU Camps Drop Off/Pick Up
- Free Parking for Camps Drop Off/Pick Up is available Monday to Friday between 7:15am & 9:30am, 11:15am & 12:30pm, 3:15pm & 5:30pm.
- Free Parking for Camps is available on the 2 most bottom levels (6000 & 7000) and the top 2 levels of the parkade only. Please do not stop or park on the 8000 (Red) Level as that will cause your vehicle to be ticketed or impounded.
- Enter West Mall Parkade from the North entrance (indicated by a large SFU Camps Welcome sign). After the stop sign at entrance, immediately TURN Right and proceed to the top 2 levels to park in SFU Camps ‘Designated’ parking spots.
- Please follow all driving, parking and pedestrian safety instructions on posted signs or as instructed by SFU Camps Staff.
*For directions to Camps Sign-in/Pick-up (Central Gym) from Fox Lane and West Mall Parkade, please refer map provided above.
During morning drop off, please aim to drop off your child no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of camp. Campers consistently dropped off earlier than this will be registered in Pre-Camp Care and charged the cost of this registration.
Similarly, during afternoon pick-up, campers NOT registered for Post-Camp Care who have not been picked up by 3:45pm will be registered for Post-Camp Care. If a camper is not picked up by 5:30pm, additional charges will apply.
Pre-Camp Care is available at an additional weekly cost. Pre-Camp Care is NOT available for camps that start after 9:00 am or those not located at Burnaby campus. To purchase Pre-Camp Care, register for the course in the week that you want on our online registration system.
Pre-Camp Care starts at 7:30 am and runs until campers are signed in with their camp for the day.
Post-Camp Care is available at an additional weekly cost. Post-Camp Care is NOT available for camps that finish before 3:30 pm or those not located at Burnaby campus. To purchase Pre-Camp Care, register for the course in the week that you want on our online registration system.
Post-Camp Care starts at 3:30 pm and runs until 5:30 pm.
If your child is registered in an afternoon camp that doesn't finish until 4pm and require Post-Camp Care, you will need to phone our office at 778-782-4965 to register as the camp end time and start time for Post-Camp Care conflict.
We have teamed up with SFU Dining Services to make your life easier by providing your child with a nutritious lunch including snacks and a drink. You can also purchase lunch or snacks at a concession open daily in the lunch area of the central gym lobby.
The lunch program is set up on our online registration system as a separate camp registration option for each week.
Note: Lunch orders are due Wednesday before a camp starts.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE LUNCH PROGRAM
- Weekend camps
- Evening camps
- All camps that do not take place at the Burnaby Campus
- Residential camps (football, field lacrosse, etc)
- Single day camps
- SCUBA Certification
- Standard First Aid
Program Support - Special Needs
Please bring an attendant, caregiver or family member if you require personal care support such as changing, transferring, washroom assistance, or administration of medication. Volunteers or staff may be available to facilitate participation and provide support for participants, please speak with a Camp Programmer to discuss specific details (email@example.com).