One major, endless possibilities:
If you want to explore the interplay among media, technology, political economy and culture, then you will be interested in this program. Study how methods and modes of communication shape our reality.
For more information, visit the School of Communication website.
Skills You Will Develop
What are the Career Possibilities?
- Marketing Coordinator
- Sales and Promotion Account Executive
- Cultural Event Coordinator
- Fundraising Specialist
- Advertising Account Manager
- Photo Journalist
- Communication Assistant
- Multimedia Specialist
- Production Assistant
- Blog Writer
- Political Research Assistant
- Image Consultant
- Campaign Organizer
- Public Relations Coordinator
Potential Work Environments
You can advance your career in any work environment because you can build skills, gain experience and develop networks in a variety of settings, and locations. What if you are unable to land a position in your preferred career in your work place of choice? What else could you do and where could you add value to your potential career? You need not always aim for big corporations or government departments. Consider working in small to medium business and non-profit organizations. Your experience may help you get a clearer view of your preferred future, and along the way you are likely to acquire some interesting experience.
- Arts and Cultural Organizations
- Film, Television and Radio
- Marketing and Public Relations
Related Professional Associations and Sites of Interest
Professional associations are a valuable resource for occupational research, and work search. The professional associations cited here may also offer career information, job boards, networking opportunities, and volunteer opportunities. They are invaluable in your career exploration in that they allow you to access a myriad of resources and publications, and link you to other sites of interest. Take action, do some research on these associations, and consider joining a professional organization. You never know who you might meet or where the affiliation might lead.
- Canadian Communication Association
- Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners
- Canadian Women in Communications
- Communication, Advertising and Marketing Education Foundation (CAM)
- Institute of Communication Agencies
- International Association of Business Communicators
- International Public Relations Association
- National Communication Association
- Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA)
- The Canadian Association of Journalists
- The Canadian Public Relations Society
Career Development and Work Search Resources
Occupational & Career Information
Whether you know what you want to do or you haven't yet made up your mind, you should take action to increase the odds of making choices that will benefit you. To help you get started, click the link below to learn about your "dream" career and other careers you may want to consider. Who knows, while exploring these resources you may broaden your knowledge about what's out there and open the door to other career possibilities. What you'll notice is that there is no one plan rather a range of options.