Please click here for our 2017-2018 Annual Lecture Series.
- Workshop on Citizenship, Islam and Identity, 6 May 2017.
- A seminar for researchers: "Good Politics in Translation: Race, Gender and the Ethics of Arabic Literary Translation" by Dr. Hartman, 10 March 2017
- ALS 2016-17: "How Can a French Novel Speak Arabic? Lebanese Women's Writing and the Politics of Language," by Dr. Michelle Hartman, Thursday, 9 March 2017, 7 PM.
- "The Anti-Armenian Riots of 1895-1896," by Edip Golbasi, 28 November 2016.
- "A Statement of Identity? The Ka'ba in the Development of Early Islam" a public lecture in celebration of the publication of Islamic Studies Today: Essays in Honor of Andrew Rippin by Dr. Gerald Hawting, 26 November 2016.
- Call for Papers: The 9th Annual MEICON-BC Student Conference, Submit your abstract by January 31, 2017.
- "Wood and Food: How and Why to Build Ships in Ottoman Suez" a seminar for faculty members, research scholars, and students by Dr. Alan Mikhail, 4 November 2016
- ALS 2016-2017: Iceland, Egypt, Istanbul, Climate, by Dr. Alan Mikhail, 3 November 2016 7 PM.
- "Nation Making in the Early Soviet Union: Uzbekistan Reconsidered,"by Dr. Adeeb Khalid, 20 October 2016, 5:15 PM.
- ALS 2016-2017: "Remembering Devotion: Oral History and the Pilgrimage to Mecca from Southeast Asia" by Dr. Eric Taglicozzo, September 22, 2016
To receive email updates about Upcoming Events and Centre-related news, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request to be added to the CCSMSC email list