- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- BC Newcomer After-School Programs (virtual & on-site)
- Bridge Program
- Can You Dig It (virtual & on-site)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- Digital Literacy and Access (virtual & on-site)
- DIVERSEYouth Expressions (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Farm to Campus Initiative (on-site)
- Food Hampers (on-site)
- Food Recovery (on-site)
- Kids Brain Health Network (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- Y Mind - Youth Mindfulness Program
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Blog & News
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Food Recovery (on-site)
Help to reduce food waste and help increase food security in your community!
The SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre is supporting the Sources Food Hub, a Surrey based community collaborative providing education and training on food waste reduction and processing. In addition to providing workshops and education, the Food Hub actively redistributes recovered and harvested foods to community agencies based in Surrey to directly address food insecurity and reduce food waste.
SFU student volunteers help with activities connected to the Learning Centre, the Community Harvest Program and the Food Rescue and Re-distribution Program, in activities such as co-facilitating workshops and presentations, harvesting fruits and vegetables from trees and farms, and assisting in food distribution.
Are you an SFU student interested in volunteering for this program?
Contact Trisha Dulku at email@example.com for more information!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Trisha Dulku or call 604-715-6457