- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- BC Newcomer After-School Programs (virtual & on-site)
- Bridge Program
- Can You Dig It (virtual & on-site)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- Digital Literacy and Access (virtual & on-site)
- DIVERSEYouth Expressions (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Farm to Campus Initiative (on-site)
- Food Hampers (on-site)
- Food Recovery (on-site)
- Kids Brain Health Network (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- Y Mind - Youth Mindfulness Program
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Blog & News
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
Supporting newcomer adults with English language learning in a virtual classroom!
The SFU Surrey TD Community Engagement Centre is partnering with MOSAIC BC to support their Language Instruction for Newcomers (LINC) programming. Funded by the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), this program provides basic to intermediate level English training for adult newcomers to Canada. SFU student volunteers provide support the instructor with course delivery and converse with newcomers to help improve their English.
Due to Covid19, this program is currently being offered virtually.
Are you an SFU student interested in volunteering for this program?
Contact Trisha Dulku at email@example.com for more information!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Trisha Dulku or call 604-715-6457