- About CEE
- Crowdmark: A more efficient way to grade student assessments
- The unexpected benefits of a shorter syllabus
- Photo gallery: Talking shop at Teaching Matters
- Watch the video: Faculty members discuss SFU's new instructor-led online course model
- Bridges and booster rockets: CEE's new senior director talks about teaching support
- Meet the Centre for Educational Excellence leadership team
- A biology instructor rethought her students’ role—and her own
- Photo gallery: SFU’s 24th Annual Spring TA/TM Day
- Photo gallery: SFU's 9th Annual Winter Warm-up
- If you build it, will they come?
- “My students didn’t look like they were having fun”: Three additions to the TA/TM Stories podcast series
- View the furniture, share your thoughts—online
- An upgraded Canvas Gradebook is coming in January
- Share your thoughts on the furniture in SFU classrooms
- DEMOfest presenter slides
- Photo gallery: 5th Annual DEMOfest
- Teamwork needs to be taught
- TA/TM Stories: Three new podcasts explore the teaching experiences of grad students
- Can it be done? A math instructor attempts to indigenize her course
- Answers to your questions about SFU's new approach to online education
- Photo gallery: The CEE Open House
- Do you know your faculty teaching fellow?
- Instructor-led online courses: How one faculty member prepared for the new model
- Photo gallery: SFU's 34th Annual Fall TA/TM Day draws a crowd
- Connecting people and crossing artificial divides: An interview with Elizabeth Elle
- Sessional instructors can now be included in online course evaluations
- Don't say this to your class—a student shares his experience
- How one lecturer is using podcasts to make course concepts more real in her online course
- Photo gallery: Rain, burgers and smiles at the 2019 President's Employee BBQ
- Five questions and answers about the creation of CEE
- A redesign made this course more engaging for students—and the instructor
- How can we support remote instruction at SFU?
- CEE Staff Login
The Centre for Educational Excellence
The SFU Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE) is an integrated service unit that supports faculty members, instructors, staff and academic units in their teaching roles and responsibilities. We support and celebrate those who advance the university’s commitment to delivering effective and engaging learning experiences for students.
By the numbers
|We have 57 staff members with expertise in areas ranging from instructional design to learning technology.|
|We are organized into four divisions—Curriculum & Instructional Design, Learning & Teaching Technology, Learning Experiences Assessment & Planning, and the Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines.|
|We were formed in July 2019 through the merger of the Centre for English Language Learning, Teaching and Research, the Centre for Online and Distance Education, and the Teaching and Learning Centre.
|We have two office locations at the Burnaby campus and one location at the Surrey campus.|
The community we serve
|The number of SFU instructors during the 2018–2019 fiscal year, consisting of 418 professors, 280 associate professors, 119 assistant professors, 2 instructors, 1 lab instructor and 146 lecturers.
|The number of SFU teaching support staff (TSSU members) as of September 30, 2019, including teaching assistants, tutor-markers and sessional instructors.
|The number of full-time and part-time undergraduate students enrolled at SFU in 2018–2019 (unique head count).|
|The number of graduate students enrolled at SFU in 2018–2019 (unique head count).|
|The number of academic Faculties at SFU.|
|The number of academic departments, schools and programs at SFU.|
|Source: Institutional Research and Planning|