- About CEE
- Crowdmark: A more efficient way to grade student assessments
- The unexpected benefits of a shorter syllabus
- Photo gallery: Talking shop at Teaching Matters
- Watch the video: Faculty members discuss SFU's new instructor-led online course model
- Bridges and booster rockets: CEE's new senior director talks about teaching support
- Meet the Centre for Educational Excellence leadership team
- A biology instructor rethought her students’ role—and her own
- Photo gallery: SFU’s 24th Annual Spring TA/TM Day
- Photo gallery: SFU's 9th Annual Winter Warm-up
- If you build it, will they come?
- “My students didn’t look like they were having fun”: Three additions to the TA/TM Stories podcast series
- View the furniture, share your thoughts—online
- An upgraded Canvas Gradebook is coming in January
- Share your thoughts on the furniture in SFU classrooms
- DEMOfest presenter slides
- Photo gallery: 5th Annual DEMOfest
- Teamwork needs to be taught
- TA/TM Stories: Three new podcasts explore the teaching experiences of grad students
- Can it be done? A math instructor attempts to indigenize her course
- Answers to your questions about SFU's new approach to online education
- Photo gallery: The CEE Open House
- Do you know your faculty teaching fellow?
- Instructor-led online courses: How one faculty member prepared for the new model
- Photo gallery: SFU's 34th Annual Fall TA/TM Day draws a crowd
- Connecting people and crossing artificial divides: An interview with Elizabeth Elle
- Sessional instructors can now be included in online course evaluations
- Don't say this to your class—a student shares his experience
- How one lecturer is using podcasts to make course concepts more real in her online course
- Photo gallery: Rain, burgers and smiles at the 2019 President's Employee BBQ
- Five questions and answers about the creation of CEE
- A redesign made this course more engaging for students—and the instructor
- How can we support remote instruction at SFU?
- CEE Staff Login
TA/TM Day: The Teaching Orientation Program
TA/TM Day is SFU’s most comprehensive orientation event for new or veteran teaching assistants and tutor-markers. Get information and advice from experienced TAs and other members of SFU’s academic community. Presented by the Teaching and Learning Centre in cooperation with the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the Teaching Support Staff Union at SFU.
“TA/TM Day was a one-stop shop that provided me with the skills and knowledge to excel in my instructional roles at SFU.”
– Jessica, BPK
TA/TM Day addresses teaching and technological skills that are essential for you as a teaching assistant, tutor-marker or sessional instructor. Come share your teaching strategies and best practices, your challenges and successes, your fears and concerns in a supportive environment that encourages your participation. Sessions will be facilitated by some of SFU's most experienced and skilled TAs and TMs.
TA/TM Day is presented by the Centre for Educational Excellence in cooperation with the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies and the Teaching Support Staff Union at Simon Fraser University. It is held twice a year, in January (spring semester) and September (fall semester). Your time at TA/TM Day counts toward your TA/TM hours for the semester.