- CEE Home
- About CEE
- Events for TAs, TMs and ITAs
- Inclusion in the Classroom Week
- Remote Teaching Forum 2021
- Instructional Skills Workshop
- CEE Anti-Racist Pedagogies Program: HRJ
- Certificate Program in University Teaching and Learning
- Symposium on Teaching and Learning
- Special Events
- Rethinking Course Design
- TA Day
- Decolonization and Indigenization
- Teaching Matters Seminar Series
- Tea and Teachings
- SFU's TA Hub is proving to be a valuable resource for teaching assistants
- CEE instructor needs survey
- Linguistically Responsive Classrooms Instructors Series (LRCIS) returns for a second year
- Blended learning: spotlight on SFU’s newest course designation
- A one-stop teaching resource for TAs now launched: introducing the TA Hub
- Healing from Racism Journey's first year comes to a close
- Inviting TAs to share their teaching strategies
- 32nd National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Teaching and learning with chat tools
- Learning from remote instruction
- Lecture recording and AV support for in-person instruction
- 813,000 Zoom meetings: How IT Services handled the move to remote instruction
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Reflections on Inclusion in the Classroom Week
- Welcome to your new Zoom classroom
- Kevin Lam: “Students appreciate every little thing we do that shows that we care”
- Sheri Fabian: “I embraced a flexible approach”
- Sarah Johnson: “The biggest change I made was to switch to asynchronous delivery”
- Nicky Didicher: “I’m finding my job less exhilarating”
- Mark Lechner: “You have to be OK with things going sideways”
- Nienke van Houten: “They really valued my clear and upfront approach”
- How can we support remote instruction at SFU?
- Crowdmark: A more efficient way to grade student assessments
- The unexpected benefits of a shorter syllabus
- Photo gallery: Talking shop at Teaching Matters
- Watch the video: Faculty members discuss SFU's new instructor-led online course model
- Bridges and booster rockets: CEE's new senior director talks about teaching support
- Meet the Centre for Educational Excellence leadership team
- A biology instructor rethought her students’ role—and her own
- Photo gallery: SFU’s 24th Annual Spring TA/TM Day
- Photo gallery: SFU's 9th Annual Winter Warm-up
- If you build it, will they come?
- “My students didn’t look like they were having fun”: Three additions to the TA/TM Stories podcast series
- An upgraded Canvas Gradebook is coming in January
- Share your thoughts on the furniture in SFU classrooms
- DEMOfest presenter slides
- Photo gallery: 5th Annual DEMOfest
- Teamwork needs to be taught
- TA/TM Stories: Three new podcasts explore the teaching experiences of grad students
- Can it be done? A math instructor attempts to indigenize her course
- Answers to your questions about SFU's new approach to online education
- Photo gallery: The CEE Open House
- Do you know your faculty teaching fellow?
- Instructor-led online courses: How one faculty member prepared for the new model
- Photo gallery: SFU's 34th Annual Fall TA/TM Day draws a crowd
- Connecting people and crossing artificial divides: An interview with Elizabeth Elle
- Don't say this to your class—a student shares his experience
- How one lecturer is using podcasts to make course concepts more real in her online course
- Photo gallery: Rain, burgers and smiles at the 2019 President's Employee BBQ
- Five questions and answers about the creation of CEE
- A redesign made this course more engaging for students—and the instructor
- CPUTL: A graduate student describes her experience
- CEE Staff Login
Photo gallery: The CEE Open House
Photos by Jackie Amsden and Duane Woods, Centre for Educational Excellence
Visitors to the CEE Open House were invited to enter a prize draw. Diana Cukierman (computing science) held what turned out to be one of the winning contest forms. Congrats, Diana! We hope you enjoy your stainless steel water bottle.
On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, members of SFU’s Centre for Educational Excellence (CEE) invited the SFU academic community into their newly established offices in the West Mall Centre 1300 and the Education Building 7560 for the first-ever CEE Open House—and were thrilled with the response. The tagline for the event was “Come and CEE What We’re All About,” and an estimated 200–250 visitors did just that. Check out this photo gallery to see what the afternoon looked like …
Open House attendees enjoyed bags of freshly popped popcorn …
… as they toured 14 stations set up at two office locations.
Of course, an open house is not complete without a few balloons …
… and a welcoming committee to greet new arrivals.
The Centre for Educational Excellence Open House was all about making connections—and the mix of new and familiar faces demonstrated the success of the endeavour.
One popular location was the lightboard studio in WMC 1300, …
... where guests such as Veselin Jungic (mathematics) …
... Julia Lane (Bennett Library), Gabe Wong (sociology & anthropology) …
... and Jon Driver (vice-president, academic, pro tem) tried the lightboard, a tool used to create instructional videos.
From Wet'suwet'en words to math puzzles, the lightboard mural created by guests throughout the afternoon was a dazzling representation of their diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
CEE staff, including Ismaeil Fazel, …
… were on hand to welcome guests.
Other participants included Kim Thee (SFU Sustainability), …
… Alan Doree and Grant Gregson (Centre for Educational Excellence), …
… and Karen Matthews and Gary George (Office for Aboriginal Peoples).