CELLTR Team Highlights, Presentations and Publications
The CELLTR team has been active in publishing and presenting about our research, pedagogy, and program development. We’ve covered issues ranging from education of immigrant students, intercultural development, English for Specific Purposes, and global academic publishing.
- In January Dr. Valia Spiliotopolous was featured on the TESOL International Association’s blog as part of their “ESP Project Leader Profile” series, where she was interviewed about her groundbreaking work with CELLTR; she was praised for her “vision of managing multiple projects with a diverse group of stakeholders.” https://goo.gl/E7cuFr
- At the end of 2017, Ismaeil Fazel was elected chair of TESOL’s English for Specific Purposes Interest Section, an organization that acts as a global hub for teachers and researchers of ESP. https://goo.gl/KcyphQ
- Babaee, N. (2017, November). The Education of Immigrant Students in Canada. Paper presented at the British Columbia Teachers of English as an Additional Language Lower Mainland Regional Conference, Columbia College, Vancouver.
- Williams, H. (2018, January). Intentionally Inclusive: an approach to intercultural development. Canadian Education Research Institute for Counselling: Cannexus, Ottawa.
- Abrar-ul-Hassan, S. & Fazel, I. (2018). English for Specific Purposes. In J. Liontas (Ed.), The TESOL encyclopedia of English language teaching. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. DOI: 10.1002/9781118784235.eelt0661
- Fazel, I. & Heng Hartse, J. (2017). Reconsidering “predatory” open access journals in an age of globalized English language academic publishing. In M. J. Curry & T. Lillis (Eds.), Global academic publishing: Policies, practices, and pedagogies (pp. 200-213). Clevedon, UK: Multilingual Matters. https://goo.gl/zbxYrr