CIEEDAC is a non-profit organisation funded through sponsorship and through agreements made with Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) and Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). The federal government has traditionally provided approximately two-thirds of CIEEDAC's funding, with the remainder coming from industry associations. In the past, CIEEDAC has also been sponsored by other federal departments, provincial government agencies, and energy supply utilities.
Contributions from a wide variety of sources are important so that CIEEDAC can continue as an accepted unbiased third-party institution striving to provide useful, reliable, and consistent industry-related energy information.
The benefits of sponsorship include:
- An industry- or region-specific report on public data to whatever level of detail is available (e.g., provincial and industrial disaggregation from Statistics Canada (STC) or other sources of data);
- Trimesterly reports defining the activities of CIEEDAC;
- Yearly analysis of data released by STC as it reflects industry;
- A third-party group which can help present and resolve environment and energy issues, both national and international (e.g. international comparison of standards);
- Up to date reports and online access to a Canadian industrial energy database;
- Limited fast-track analysis for your industry or region; and
- Limited review and analysis related to energy issues available to your institution.
Cost of Services
Each university has unique regulations and protocol regarding cost of services. Most services are available to sponsors and non-sponsors alike; sponsors may receive preferential treatment as part of the sponsorship arrangement made with CIEEDAC. If you are interested in becoming a CIEEDAC sponsor, please contact CIEEDAC’s Executive Director, Bradford Griffin at 778-782-3068 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in CIEEDAC.