- 63% of students found employment as a direct result of their co-op experience – they were employed by former co-op employers or through a contact they met while on a work-term
Communication Co-op is about experiential learning. It’s about putting into practice the theories that you learn in the classroom and about gaining work experience related to your studies. On your co-op work terms you’ll explore new opportunities and make industry connections.
Students alternate academic semesters with co-op semesters to gain communications-related experience. Typically, students work full-time at paid positions for four or eight months. You will be encouraged to work three or more terms.
Looking for experience in any of these areas?
- media & public relations & corporate communications
- writing and design for the web and for print
- publication design
- interviewing and feature writing
- event planning
- marketing communications
- public speaking
- policy research
- technical writing and documentation
- communication planning
- public consultation
- crisis communications
- and so much more!