Vancouver Sun Internship
The Vancouver Sun and Province newsroom is seeking an energetic, curious multi-media journalist for 2018 summer internship program.
The successful applicant will create content for print and online, and be assigned a wide variety of breaking news and feature stories. An ability to work quickly and accurately online, handle photo and video assignments and navigate social media is crucial.
He or she will have excellent news judgment, strong writing and editing skills, a good visual approach and an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- A student must be enrolled in journalism program or must have recently graduated from a program.
- Previous experience at a daily newspaper or website is an asset
- Additional language skills
This position is for a 16-week period starting May 14, 2018 and involves evening and weekend shifts.
Please include the following:
- Cover letter
- Daytime references
- Several writing samples that capture the applicant's breadth and dpth of multi-media work
- A 100 word pitch for a story that you would like to do if hired
Qualified candidates should apply by Friday, January 26 to Managing Editor, Valerie Casselton at email@example.com with "Summer intern application" in the email subject field.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.