- Current Students
- Community & Events
- Careers & Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Login
- 1998 Ph.D. Program for Social and Political Thought, York University, Canada
- 1985 M.A. Interdisciplinary Studies, York University, Canada
- 1981 B.A. English Literature and Communication Studies, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
Future courses may be subject to change.
- McCarron, Gary. (2008). Undecided Stories: Alfred Hitchcock’s Blackmail and the Problem of Moral Agency. Canadian Journal of Communication 33(No. 1).
- McCarron, Gary. (2007). The Moral Politics of Hope. Bad Subjects, 78, 2007. http://bad.eserver.org/issues/2007/78/
- McCarron, Gary. Penance. Queen’s Quarterly , Vol. 110, No. 3, 2003.
- McCarron, Gary. Justice. Queens Quarterly , Vol. 110, No. 1, 2003.
- McCarron, Gary. Moralizing Uncertainty: Faith and Suspicion in Alfred Hitchcock’s Suspicion . Canadian Journal of Communication, Vol. 27, 47 – 62, 2002.
- McCarron, Gary. (2001). Divine Gratitude: Almight Thanks. Journal of Mundane Behavior, 2:2, 245-258.
- McCarron, Gary. (1999). Pixel Perfect: Towards a Political Economy of Digital Fidelity. Canadian Journal of Communication, Vol. 24, 221-241.
- McCarron, Gary. (1999). Teaching What Cannot Be Known: The Political Economy of Uncertainty. Academic Exchange Quarterly, Vol. 3, Issue 2 (Summer), 32-39.
- Hill, C., and McCarron, Gary. (1995). Evaluation of the Red Cross Child Abuse Prevention Program for Adolescents. Report to the Family Violencee Prevention Division of Health Canada.
- Health studies
- Film studies
- History & theory of communication
- Privacy & technology
- Advertising & consumer culture