- Creative support
- C&M staff
Convocation Fall 2019: Submit your ideas!
As one of SFU’s major events, convocation is the chance to celebrate students' hard work and offers a significant brand-building opportunity for the university.
What does this mean for you? The student stories submitted for convocation increase your faculty recognition, reach media around the world and engage the vision of SFU.
Here are some of the successes of this past spring convocation campaign:
· New SFU branding included in new outdoor banners and hero image
· 14 SFU News stories published to sfu.ca/news and shared on SFU channels
· Media mentions: reach increase of 30,000 per cent (to 10.7M)
· SFU News unique views: increase 22.8 per cent
· Facebook: Reach increased by 93 per cent and engagement by 56 per cent
· Twitter: Reach increased by 25 per cent
· LinkedIn: Reach 17K and engagement 521
· Instagram: Reach increased by 82 per cent and engagement by 288 per cent
The fall convocation is coming up and we are looking for:
· Stories about hands-on experiential learning opportunities that connect the knowledge in the classroom to the benefit of society.
· Stories about when we’ve transformed ideas made in the classroom, lab, and community into ventures that scale or innovations that benefit societies.
As always, we’re particularly interested in hearing about interesting students who have landed great jobs after convocation – we find that these are our most-read stories, and we’d like to capitalize on that interest.
Email email@example.com with your story ideas by August 9, 2019.