- Brand guide
- Communication strategy
- Editorial style guide
- Media guide
- Project management
- Social media
- Website content guide
- Website project guide
- What makes a good story?
- URL request guidelines
- C&M staff
Images, icons and files
Copy is only a part of how users get information from your website. Images, icons, graphics and files convey additional, at-a-glance messages that are crucial for cohesive and scannable content.
Downloadable files can provide additional content without overcrowding the page. However, main content should never be accessible only via a downloadable file.
Keep in mind that dowloading a PDF document takes longer than opening a page and that file dowload is not mobile-friendly.
- File names should not contain any spaces; replace them with hyphens or underscores
- File titles should be descriptive and link to the download
- Reduce the size of downloadable documents when possible
- Provide PDFs for documents that need to be printed
- If using AEM, upload your files to DAM and use the “Download” component on the webpage