- SFU news/story idea
- Social media content
- Weekly events and announcements newsletter
- Campus-wide faculty & staff email
- Campus screens
- Using EventBrite
- Using LiveWhale Calendar
- Subscribing to a department calendar in SFU Mail
- Request accounts
- Website request
- URL requests
- Google Analytics request
- Creative project request
- Creative support
- C&M staff
When an audience member desires to participate, or register, without using EventBrite, consider this alternative method
Example of an Alternative for Paid Ticket Events
- When the attendee indicated they are not willing to accept the waiver and/or use EventBrite to register, the attendee is required to come in person, prior to the event, with payment for the event. (You may also accept credit card over the phone.)
- Upon payment, the staff member provides a written receipt to the attendee. A ticket can also be issued following the directions below.
- A staff member completes a Departmental Deposit Summary form with the monies and pass to a staff member at the appropriate financial location.
- A staff member then accesses Eventbrite and decreases seats available manually by 1 (this is to reserve a seat for the person). You may skip this step if you are providing an anonymous ticket through EventBrite.
- A note is manually recorded as a reminder for the staff members to communicate to the attendee with reminder emails of the upcoming session.
- To check-in attendees added manually without a ticket: On the day of the event, staff members bring laptops to the check-in table on-site, open Eventbrite and navigate to the Check-In page for the event, as people come to the table, they either present their ticket or provide their first and last name. Upon verification, the staff member checks-in the person in.
Printing an Anonymous Ticket
Complete the Add attendees form.
Fill out the registration form with generic information, for example, Jane Doe or Anonymous Ticket. Use your department events contact information.
Select to accept the waviver and Complete registration.
To print the ticket, select Print Tickets under the Actions drop-down menu. A PDF will be downloaded to your computer. Open it and print on your preferred device.