- About us
- What we do
- SFU Community Engagement
- Values & Principles
- Get involved
- SFU's Strategic Community Engagement Plan
- Canadian Pilot Cohort of the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- SFU's Community Engagement Initiative
- Warren Gill Award for Community Impact
- SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition
- Burnaby Festival of Learning
- Burnaby Partnerships
- SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre
SFU-Community COVID-19 Response and Recovery Network
The COVID-19 pandemic is directly affecting everyone on the planet in new and profound ways. Collectively, our communities and systems, including governments, businesses, post-secondary institutions, schools, and non-profits, are making big shifts to navigate a rapidly changing context.
To mobilize the capacity and creativity of the SFU community to support communities beyond the academy, we are building a network to help people connect, share resources, and act to enhance our collective impact.
Everyone is welcome to join this network (see below for details)! You can attend the regular Zoom call and/or invite yourself to the SFUCOVNET Slack workspace.
Sign up for our Monday calls!
Join our regular online call, Mondays at 1:00 pm. A weekly call to help connect people and build the network from the ground up. We will send an email with call details every week, as well as an updated calendar appointment. If you would like to join, please sign up with your email address, below. You can unsubscribe at any time. We hope to "see" you there.
Please note: meeting details are sent between 9am and 10am every Monday.
(Sign up below to get the emails.)
2020 summer schedule -> every Monday except the following:
- July 20 -> no meeting
- August 3 -> no meeting
- August 17 -> no meeting
- September 7 -> no meeting
Join the Slack workspace (sfucovnet.slack.com)
We also invite you to join the SFUCOVNET Slack workspace. Sign on and let us know who you are what you are looking to achieve.
How to join:
1. Invite yourself to the space, using button, below – this will take you to a page where you will send an invitation to your own email address to join SFUCOVNET.
2. Enter your email and click "verify". Slack will send an email to the address you provided, and you'll see a verification screen like this.
3. Check your email – you should have an invitation generated from Slack to the SFUCOVNET workspace. Open the email and click "Confirm Email".
4. You have now joined SFUCOVNET! You should have arrived to the browser-based version of the Slack network.
5. (optional) – Consider downloading the app (link to Slack's instructions).
NOTE: if you are an SFU employee on an SFU-managed Mac, you might be able to request that Slack be installed on your computer through Managed Software Centre (available under "Applications").