Professor Emeritus, Computing Science at Simon Fraser University and Mathematics
Adjunct Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Senior Research Scientist, University Hospital, UBC
Area: Biomedical Computing
Personal webpage: http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~harrop/
Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Cambridge,1953
B.A. Mathematics 1946
(1) The use of positron emission tomography in the study of Alzheimer's disease and of certain other disorders. This involves cooperative work with a group of researchers at UBC who are concerned with an overall study of the diseases.
(2) Work associated with the design and prototype building of a volume imaging positron emission tomograph. This includes aspects of detector testing, data acquisition and processing, image reconstruction and display.
(3) Medical Informatics.
- A.Celler, T.Farcombe, R.Harrop and D.Lyster, Dynamic Heart-in-Thorax phantom for functional SPECT. IEEE Tranans.Nuc.Sci., vol.44, 1600-1605 (1997)
- R.G.Wells, A.Celler and R.Harrop, Experimental validation of an analytical method of calculating SPECT projection data. IEEE Trans.Nuc.Sci., vol.44 1283-122290 (1997)
- C.J.Dykstra, T.Bortfeld, J.Debus, A.Lomax, R.Harrop, W.Schlegel and G.Munkel, Characterization of dose distribution in radiation therapy plans. Radiotherapy and Oncology (Technical Note),vol.41, 281-284 (1996)
- C.J.Dykstra, R.Harrop, A.M.Celler and M.S.Atkins, Quantitative 3D data extraction using contiguous volumes. 1996 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record 1822-1825 (1996)
- A. Celler, A.Sitek and R.Harrop, Reconstruction of multiple line source attenuation maps. 1996 IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record 1420-1424 (1996)