Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 1986
M.Sc., Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 1984
- Mining massive datasets
- Mining biological data
- Graph and network data
- Data privacy
- Data mining and data privacy
- Information retrieval
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 354 Database Systems I
- CMPT 454 Database Systems II
- CMPT 741 Introduction to Data Mining
- CMPT 884 Special topics in Database Systems
Selected recent publications
- Chaytor, R., Wang, K. Small Domain Randomization: Same Privacy, More Utility. The 36th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB 2010).
- B. Fung, K. Wang, R. Chen, P. Yu. Privacy-Preserving Data Publishing: A Survey of Recent Developments. ACM Computing Surveys, Vol. 42, Issue No 4, 1-53, June 2010, ACM Press
- R. She, J. Chu, K. Wang, J. Pei, J. Chen. genBlastA: enabling BLAST to identify homologous gene sequences. Genome Research, January 2009 19:143-149
- B. Fung, K. Wang and P. Yu. Top-Down Specialization for Information and Privacy Preservation. ICDE 2005, 205-216
For more information www.cs.sfu.ca/~wangk/byyear.html.
Listing on the DBLP CS Bibliography Server.