Professor, School of Computing Science
Ph.D., Physics, University of British Columbia, Canada, 1976
M.Sc., Physics, University of Toronto, Canada, 1971
B.A.Sc., Engineering Science, University of Toronto, Canada, 1970
- Image processing, colour, computer vision, computer graphics, multimedia, and visualization.
- Illumination in Imaging and Video
- Multimedia Systems
Recently taught courses
- CMPT 828 Illumination in Images and Video
- CMPT 365 Multimedia Systems
- CMPT 110 Event-Driven Programming in Visual Basic
Selected recent publications
- "Lookup-Table Based Gradient Field Reconstruction", IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, 2011.
- A “Perception-based Visualization of Manifold-Valued Medical Images using Distance-Preserving Dimensionality Reduction", ", IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 2011.
- "Action Detection in Cluttered Video with Successive Convex Matching", IEEE Trans. On Circuits and Systems for Video Tech., 2010.
- "Entropy Minimization for Shadow Removal", Int. J. of Computer Vision, 2009.
Visit website www.cs.sfu.ca/~mark/publications.html