This government-funded Digital Communications Certificate is designed especially for Canadian newcomers. Thirteen weeks of classes and a three-week practicum will give you advanced English and Canadian workplace skills training, as well as current, hands-on communications training from Canadian digital communications and integrated marketing experts. You’ll graduate ready to excel in a new career.
Give employers what they want
The Digital Communications Certificate with advanced English training will give you the knowledge and skills you need to build community around a brand or organization using online content marketing, web advertising, and social media.
We’ll focus on the latest tools, techniques, and skills associated with the following:
- Social media networking, integration, and outreach
- Blogs and writing for the web, including the principles of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content marketing
- Online display advertising and pay-per-click platforms
- Website mechanics
You'll also strengthen your spoken and written English, as well as your English comprehension skills.
Hands-on case studies from real companies and organizations, business-focused assignments, and a three-week professional practicum at a Metro Vancouver organization will help you solidify your training and build a marketable portfolio for your post-graduation job search.
Become a valuable part of British Columbia’s job market
This program isn’t just about digital communication skills or English language abilities—it’s about succeeding in the Canadian job market. Your global connections and your ability to speak more than one language will enable you to liaise between many different communities and cultures. This will make you a significant asset in the Canadian digital communications field.
Is the Digital Communications Certificate with advanced English training for you?
If you’re a newcomer to Canada, you’re passionate about communicating in the digital age, and you want to develop the knowledge and skills you need to succeed, this program is for you. Ideally, you have some post-secondary education and/or work experience in a related field in your country of origin, you enjoy working with people, you communicate well, and you love a challenge.
Other criteria include the following:
- You must be unemployed.
- You must not be a current client of EI (Employment Insurance). In addition, you may not have made a claim for EI benefits within the past three years, and you may not have made a claim for EI maternity or parental leave benefits within the past five years.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and currently living in British Columbia.
- You must not be a student (i.e., enrolled in high school or enrolled in post-secondary training).
- You must not be participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program at same the time as this program.
- You must have a minimum CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) of six on all four CLB testing criteria.
Note: If you are assessed as a strong candidate for this program, but you do not have a current CLB score, we will pay for your test.