About the TLDG program
Teaching and Learning Development Grants were first introduced and facilitated by faculty members who were the founding members of the Institute for the Study of Teaching and Learning in the Disciplines (ISTLD). The program has been continually funded by the Vice-Presidents, Academic (John Waterhouse 2007-2010, Jonathan Driver 2011-2016, and Peter Keller 2016 - present). TLDG projects are typically funded for $6K, although two-phase grant projects with additional funding are also possible.
Teaching and Learning Development Grants are meant to:
- Provide support for SFU faculty members to investigate questions about teaching and learning of interest to them.
- Provide support for experimenting with and investigating the effectiveness of innovative approaches to teaching and student learning at Simon Fraser University.
- Support the systematic investigation of how the design of teaching supports learning.
- Enhance conversations about teaching and learning across academic units at Simon Fraser University.
- Provide recognition that scholarly activity around teaching in one’s discipline is a legitimate activity to be recognized in promotion and tenure decisions.
- Provide a way to fit with the growing national and international agenda to subscribe to the practices underlying the “scholarship of teaching and learning.”
For more information, questions and comments: email@example.com