What would you like to ask Ray Kurzweil and Richard Florida on the theme of innovation?
Thank you to everyone who submitted questions.
PRIZE DRAW RULES
WILL INNOVATION SAVE US? PRIZE DRAW
Presented by: SFU Public Square
Official Rules and Regulations
Simon Fraser University (“SFU”), as part of its SFU Public Square 2014 Community Summit, is conducting a prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) to win tickets to the Will Innovation Save Us? event on October 22, 2014.
1. Eligibility. The Prize Draw is open to residents of British Columbia, including students currently enrolled full-time at a British Columbia post-secondary institution, who are nineteen years of age or older as of September 1, 2014.
2. Free to Enter. No purchase of any kind is required to enter the Prize Draw.
3. Multiple Entries. Each eligible contestant may submit multiple entries to the Prize Draw.
4. Exclusions. The Prize Draw is not open to individuals in any way connected to the Prize Draw, including, but not limited to (a) SFU employees, volunteers and representatives (and household members or immediate family members of such employees, volunteers and representatives) who are directly or indirectly involved with or connected to SFU’s Public Square initiative; or (b) Vancity employees (and family members); or (c) Vancouver Foundation employees (and family members).
5. Prize Draw Period. The Prize Draw begins at 10:00 am Pacific Daylight Time on September 16, 2014 and closes at 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time on October 9, 2014. Late entries or entries that are not properly submitted due to technical reasons will not be considered.
6. How to Enter. Eligible individuals may enter the Prize Draw at no cost by:
(a) Sending questions via a tweet to @SFUPublicSquare using the hashtag #SFUPS, with or without photograph of an entry card
(b) Posting questions to the SFU PublicSquare Facebook wall at www.facebook.com/SFUPublicSquare, with or without photograph of an entry card
(c) Posting questions on Instagram using the hashtag #SFUPS, with or without photograph of an entry card
(d) Sending questions via email to email@example.com, with or without photograph of an entry card
(e) Completing an online form at publicsquare/community-summit/2014-summit/will-innovation-save-us/contest.html, with or without photograph of an entry card
Each individual uploading or sending a submission must provide to SFU together with the submission: (i) at least one method of contact from the following list: email address, Twitter account, Facebook account, Instagram account.
Submissions containing defamatory, obscene or inappropriate content, as determined by SFU in its sole discretion, are prohibited. By entering the Prize Draw, each entrant:
(a) represents and warrants to SFU that:
(i) the entrant’s submission does not violate the terms of any contract of employment or the terms of any other contract,
(ii) the entrant has the right to make use of the material contained in the entrant’s submission and has obtained any third party consents, as applicable; and
(b) grants to SFU a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, publish, display, reproduce, modify and adapt, in any media now or hereafter known, on a worldwide scale, without compensation, for publicity or promotional purposes or for any other purpose as determined by SFU, all aspects of any submission.
8. Release and Indemnity. By entering the Prize Draw, each entrant:
(a) releases SFU, Vancity, Vancouver Foundation, and its subsidiaries, sponsors, governors, servants, employees, agents, volunteers and representatives, as applicable, and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns (as the case may be) (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any and all damage or loss suffered or incurred by the entrant as a result of or arising in any way from the entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw; and
(b) agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, losses, deficiencies, costs (including reasonable legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis), expenses and liabilities that the Releasees, or any of them, may sustain, incur, suffer or be put to at any time or times, which are based upon, arise out of or occur, directly or indirectly by reason of the entrant’s participation in the Prize Draw, the entrant’s participation in any Prize Draw-related activity, the entrant’s submission or the use by SFU of the entrant’s submission, including, but not limited to, any claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, losses, deficiencies, costs, expenses and liabilities relating to copyright and trademark infringement.
9. Selection of Winners and Prizes. SFU Public Square will perform a random draw on October 10, 2014 to select 10 winners. Each winner will receive one pair (x2) of tickets to Will Innovation Save Us on 22 October at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver. SFU retains sole discretion over the final decision regarding winners.
10. Acceptance of Prizes. SFU shall use reasonable efforts to confidentially notify the Winners on October 10, 2014. If SFU is unable to reach a Winner after 5 days, SFU may repeat the random draw.
11. Limitation of Liability. Each entrant assumes liability for any and all injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Prize Draw, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. Under no circumstances will SFU, Vancity or Vancouver Foundation be responsible or liable for:
(a) lost, late, misdirected or incomplete submissions, notifications, responses or replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including, but not limited to, malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a submission;
(b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Prize Draw or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Prize Draw;
(c) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submissions;
(d) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
(e) any injury or damage to an entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials connected to the Prize Draw;
(f) the Prize Draw not being conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of SFU, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Prize Draw or any website related to the Prize Draw;
(g) any failure by SFU to credit an entrant with respect to the use by SFU of such entrant’s submission; and
(h) any costs incurred by an entrant in relation to the Prize Draw.
12. General Terms and Conditions.
(a) Acceptance of Rules and Regulations. Entry in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of these Rules and Regulations, as may be amended by SFU from time to time. Failure to comply with these Rules and Regulations, or any additional guidelines and specifications set out on the Prize Draw Website, will result in disqualification.
(b) Contest Rules Govern. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Rules and Regulations and any disclosure or other statements contained in any Prize Draw-related materials or on the Prize Draw Website, these Rules and Regulations will govern.
(c) Applicable Legislation. These Rules and Regulations, together with the Prize Draw, shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein. The Prize Draw is void in whole or in part where prohibited by law.
(d) Use of SFU Websites. Use of the Prize Draw Website is subject to the following terms and conditions: http://www.sfu.ca/contact/terms-conditions.html.
(e) Decisions Final. All decisions made by SFU or its agents or representatives relating in any way to the Prize Draw, including, but not limited to, decisions relating to eligibility, disqualification and the determination of winning submissions, are final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
(f) Termination. SFU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend, cancel or suspend the Prize Draw or the prizes, in whole or part, at any time, if in its opinion it is considered necessary in the circumstances, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Community Summit Premier Sponsors
Community Summit Media Sponsor