- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- See a Counsellor
- Find Support
My SSP is confidential within the limits of the law. No one - including family, friends or professors - will know you've accessed unless you choose to tell them. Learn more here.
You can request specific counsellor options (eg. religious identification, gender identification, etc.).
Call to book an appointment with a My SSP registered clinical counsellor in Metro Vancouver, or make an appointment by video or phone if preferred or abroad.
Access counselling and support services in multiple languages, including French, Korean, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish and more.
24/7 Call or chat
Access 24/7 counselling support with a registered clinical counsellor through the app or by phone any time of day, from anywhere in the world.
The My SSP app has articles and videos on a range of positive mental health topics relavant to students.
All SFU graduate and undergraduate students can access free counselling and support – reachable from anywhere in the world by phone or through the downloadable app.
Students can book in-person, phone, or video appointments with registered clinical counsellors. Immediate support or counselling is also available 24/7 by phone or chat.
How does it work?
Reach by phone
- You'll be asked to provide some information so My SSP can offer you tailored support based on your identity, your community, and your needs. Your personal information is not shared with SFU.
- You can book an appointment with a registered clinical counsellor in a preferred area of town
- You can ask to speak with a counsellor over the phone
Download the App
- You'll be prompted to enter some information so My SSP can offer you tailored support based on your identity, your community, and your needs. Your personal information is not shared with SFU.
- You'll have immediate access to call or chat options so you can talk things out with a professional in real-time.
- The app will also give you access to tools and resources that can equip you for handling multiple challenges as a student.
Everyone is encouraged to download the free app at the start of their first term at SFU.
What would I talk about?
My SSP is available to support all SFU students with a range of concerns. You can contact My SSP if you're looking for some extra guidance or support, or if you're in a state of crisis or distress.
Some examples of reasons to contact My SSP:
- I'm fighting with my friend and I don't know what to do.
- I'm feeling overwhelmed. I don't know what I want to do with my life.
- My best friend is going through something and I don't know how to help.
- I broke up with my partner and I'm having a really hard time coping.
- School is really stressful and I'm finding it hard to be motivated.
- I'm new to Canada and I'm feeling lonely and far from people I love.
- My family wants different things for me then what I want for myself.
- I can't find my people. I feel like I don't fit in.
- I'm stressed and worried about money all the time.
- I'm in crisis and need to talk to someone now
Other general topics:
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationship conflicts or challenges
- Managing work/life balance
- Chronic health concerns
- Performance anxiety
- Cultural adjustment
- Coping mechanisms
- Helping a friend in crisis