ISS and GSC spaces are closed – Staff available remotely to support you
Out of an abundance of care, due to ongoing concerns related to COVID-19, and out of respect and concern for the health of our community members, the physical space of International Services for Students and the Global Student Centre will be closed until further notice. ISS staff will be working remotely and will remain accessible to support you. Scheduled in-person programming in March and April are cancelled. At this time we are transitioning to providing remote support.
To connect with our ISS staff with questions or for student support, please contact us: http://www.sfu.ca/students/iss/contact.html
To contact an International Student Advisor via live-chat, phone or email, please see: http://www.sfu.ca/students/isap/contact.html
Visit our COVID-19 FAQ for International Students page to see the most current updates from a Canadian immigration standpoint (e.g. study permit, work permit, visa, travel restrictions) and updates surrounding medical insurance in Canada.
We will connect with you by return email to answer your questions or set up a time to give you a call. Please provide your name, student ID and contact information. If you are contacting us internationally, please include your time-zone so we do not wake you up!
- To access SFU Academic Advising: https://www.sfu.ca/students/academicadvising/contact.html
- To access SFU Financial Aid: https://www.sfu.ca/students/financialaid.html
- Mental Health Support through My SSP (Student Support Program) is available 24/ 7. Immediate support is also available 24/7 via chat or phone. No cost for SFU students. Call 1.844.451.9700, or download the free My SSP app from the Apple App store or google Play. More info: bit.ly/mySSPsfu
- SFU COVID-19 FAQs: https://www.sfu.ca/sfunews/alerts/sfu-community-frequently-asked-questions-about-coronavirus.html
- Student Services Supports and COVID-19 FAQs: http://www.sfu.ca/students/support/ and http://www.sfu.ca/students/support/support-covid19.html
- Please take care of yourself and each other during this uncertain time. We know you have many questions and concerns and we remain available to support you. We are finding new ways to serve you both on campus and abroad - and we look forward to seeing you back in the ISS office and GSC as soon as it is possible.