Ask for help online just as you would use Facebook messenger to talk to a friend. It's a secure connection and you log in with your SFU computing ID. See Protection of Privacy, below.
This service is for quick, general academic advising questions for SFU undergraduate students only.
- Academic difficulty
- Course planning
- Withdrawals under extenuating circumstances
- Back on Track
- Graduation Checks
For additional information on how we can help you, visit Academic Advising.
C Access live chat
To log in to this service you must be a current undergraduate student with an SFU computing ID.
- This service is not supported on IOS devices.
- See our calendar for this month's schedule (hours are subject to change)
- Academic Advisors are helping multiple students at a time and there may be a wait time.
- During peak periods (such as the enrollment period), Live Chat sessions will be limited to 30 minutes per student.
- Live Chat will not be available on general holidays. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Registrar and Information Services
C Access live chat
Need help from Student Services? This service is for inquiries related to:
- student records
- other general services for students.
To log in, you must have an SFU computing ID.
Hours: See hours of operation
Protection of Privacy
Student Services makes the LiveHelp chat service available to you for your convenience. Your use of the LiveChat service at SFU is voluntary. Please be advised that the personal information you provide to initiate a LiveHelp chat session and a record of the conversation is stored on servers located at SFU. All conversations are automatically recorded and retained for the period of time required by law and University policy. Your conversation is encrypted as it moves back and forth between your computer and SFU's servers. You should carefully consider and decide if, in the circumstances of your case, it is appropriate to use this service to discuss sensitive personal financial details, academic problems, or other personal matters. If you are concerned about communicating your personal information online, please speak with a Student Services representative in person by contacting the appropriate unit.