Business analysts' ability to work effectively on a team is critical to the success of their work. This course will give you a solid understanding of the skills you need to develop and motivate teams and help them reach their goals. Core topics include team dynamics, personality styles, teamwork, trustworthiness, leadership, and influence.
Business Analysis: Team Dynamics and Leadership
This course is available at the following time(s) and location(s):
Course seats are reserved for certificate students until approximately two weeks before the program start date. To take this course individually, click on Register or Join Waitlist below.
What will I learn?
After completing this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the dynamics of team interactions
- Identify different personality styles and explain how they influence individual and team performance
- Explain the meaning of cultural diversity and the role it plays in individual and team dynamics
- Lead teams and other stakeholders toward agreed-upon goals
- Influence project outcomes
- Describe the dynamics of negotiations and the skills required for influencing and reaching decisions
- Explain how trustworthiness contributes to team success
How will I learn?
If you take this course as part of the Applied Business Analysis Certificate, you will work with a cohort—a group of peers who share experiences, ideas and knowledge. You may also take the course individually if space is available.
The course features a wide variety of instructional techniques, including facilitated group discussions, thought-provoking exercises that encourage experimentation and analysis, and instructor presentations of theory and best practices.
You will complete regular course reading and participate in exercises, group discussions, case studies and presentations.
How will I be evaluated?
We’ll evaluate your performance in this course on a pass/fail basis using a combination of in-class or take-home assignments, individual or group projects, presentations, participation, and attendance. We expect you to participate in discussions and activities and complete all assignments.
Textbooks and learning materials
On the first day, you will receive a binder containing course materials and A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® version 2.0.