In this course, we’ll teach you how to successfully integrate social media and traditional PR. You’ll learn how to use social media as a part of your PR and communications plan, develop a stronger relationship with your supporters, handle social media crises, and respond appropriately if your campaign takes off. You’ll also develop the skills you need to identify your audience, how to evaluate their influence, and how to effectively make a pitch.
Social Outreach and Media Integration
The in-class version of this course is only available as part of the full-time Digital and Mobile Marketing Certificate in Vancouver. The online version of this course is available for individual registration.
For online offerings, registration may close up to two business days before the course begins. Your course begins on the first date listed and ends six days after the last date listed. The interim dates/times are not your actual online class times.
What will I learn?
This course will cover the following:
- How to formulate a PR plan that integrates social media and existing social content and communities
- Researching, identifying, and evaluating potential social influencers
- Developing a strategy to reach key influencers as part of your PR plan
- Executing your outreach plan with tactics that get noticed
- Reputation management during a social media crisis
- How to cultivate and deepen social relationships for PR and marketing
How will I learn?
If you're taking a classroom course
- Lectures and class discussions
If you're taking an online course
- Online lecture modules
- Online discussions
We will provide custom materials.