Hosting Powerful Conversations: Introduction to World Cafe and Open Space Technology
This course is available at the following time(s) and location(s):
Course seats are reserved for students in the Dialogue and Civic Engagement Certificate until approximately six weeks before the program start date. You can apply to the program, or take this course individually by clicking Register or Join Waitlist below.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practice of World Café and Open Space Technology
- Determine the situations best suited to using World Café and Open Space Technology
- Identify and ask powerful questions
- Identify the pitfalls and promise of two techniques for sitting in circle, listening, learning and opening space for dialogue and positive change
How will I learn?
- Class discussions and exercises
- Recommended reading
Who should take this course?
This course is open to anyone who would like to learn more about hosting powerful, conversation-based methods for dialogue.
How will I be evaluated?
We will evaluate you based on your class participation.
Textbooks and learning materials
We will provide custom course materials.
Hear from the instructor
"The skill in using Open Space and World Café is not so much the logistics of 'How do I facilitate it?' but rather, 'How do I come up with a good core question that we're dealing with?' and 'How do we create an invitation that is honest, that is authentic, and that gets people into the room?'" —Chris Corrigan
Look at other courses in