Next-Generation Transportation Certificate (online)
SFU new part-time, online Next-Generation Transportation Certificate is designed to help mid-career professionals use next-generation transportation strategies to advance livable and sustainable cities of the future.
The program includes four core courses:
- Next-Generation Cities and Transportation
- Next-Generation Economic, Financial, and Technical Tools of the Trade
- Next-Generation Multi‐Modal Transportation for Regions and Networks
- Next-Generation Multi‐Modal Transportation for Neighbourhoods, Corridors and Sites
We emphasize case studies from across the world with policies and practices that resolve conflicts and explore trade-offs between different modes of transportation.
This annual course is a comprehensive introduction to transportation in the Lower Mainland, with a particular focus on Surrey. You’ll learn about a range of transportation issues, including corridor planning, the relationship between transportation and land use, and the operation and management of our transportation systems.
- Sticks, Carrots, and Tambourines: Actively Learning from Copenhagen's Transport Successes
with Andréas Rohl, Bicycle Program Manager, City of Copenhagen
- Learning from New York
with Janette Sadik-Kahn, Transportation Commissioner, New York City
- Creating Places for People: The Melbourne Experience
with Rob Adams, Director of City Design, Melbourne