Liberal Arts and Adults 55+
Courses and Events
The liberal arts provide you an opportunity to learn for the joy of learning, enhance your creativity, and sharpen your critical thinking skills. We offer a number of options for adults of any age to discover something new.
Registration for summer 2015 courses opens Wednesday, April 15 at 10 a.m.
- Art in the Kimono and the Kimono in Art (55+) SCFC892
- Art: Its Origin, Diversity, Traditions, Prospects (55+) SCFC893
- Every Picture Tells a Story: The Art of Narrative Photography (55+) SCFC894
- Learning to Look: Pivotal Moments in the History of Art (55+) SCFC900
- The Devil You Know: A History of the Demonic in Western Art and Culture (55+) SCFC895
- Lindsey bat Joseph
- Shawn Michael Bullock
- Tom Durrie
- Mary Jane Edwards
- William Ellis
- Chris Erickson
- Graham Forst
- Kevin Ginnell
- David J. Gossen
- Rebecca Heyl
- Richard Hulbert
- Jean Kares
- Michael Kluckner
- Nicolas Krusek
- Glenn J. Landry
- Marlene LeGates
- Bob Lesperance
- Lisa MacLean
- Stan Markotich
- Jenni Pace
- Neil Ritchie
- Harold Rosen
- Lealle Ruhl
- Amyn B Sajoo
- James Sexton
- Peijian Shen
- Nilofar Shidmehr
- Saturday Forum | Much Ado About Pluto
- 21st-Century Perspectives: Looking Forward, Looking Back: Plato for the 21st Century
- 21st-Century Perspectives: Machiavelli Renewed: Terrorism and Asymmetric Warfare in an Uncertain Age
- 21st-Century Perspectives: Identity: Who Are We in the 21st Century?
- 21st-Century Perspectives: Digital Photography: A Brave New World of Image Creation?
Prefer to register by mail, fax or in person? Download this registration form.
Download the brochure
Disruption Ahead: Transforming Technology for Aging and Healthcare
Thursday, May 14, 7–9 p.m.
This free lecture is part of the 24th Annual Johhn K. Friesen Conference.
Learn more and register
Support the program
Your gift to the program will help maintain the quality of our offerings and ensure that they remain accessible to everyone. Make your gift today!
SFU’s Philosophers’ Café is a series of informal public discussions in the heart of our communities. All cafés are free. Everyone is welcome!