Liberal Arts and 55+ Program
Courses and Events
The liberal arts provide you an opportunity to learn for the joy of learning, enhance your creativity, and sharpen your critical thinking skills. We offer a number of options for adults of any age to discover something new.
Information about our fall 2017 courses will be available in early July. Registration for fall courses opens Wednesday, July 26 at 10 a.m.
Be the first to know
Sign up for email updates about this program.
Download the brochure
Our program is in the news!
- Vancouver Magazine and Ms. Magazine: Read about instructor Roberta Staley's new documentary on Afghanistan women, Mightier Than the Sword.
- SFU News: Watch the video of our recent registration day
- Global BC: Meet instructor Robb Lucy from our Sharing Your Legacy Through Digital Storytelling course
- CBC News: Seniors line up for SFU courses in Vancouver
- Students share their experience at SFU:
Prefer to register by mail, fax or in person? Download this registration form.
Support the program
Your gift to the program will help maintain the quality of our offerings and ensure that they remain accessible to everyone. Make your gift today!
SFU’s Philosophers’ Café is a series of informal public discussions in the heart of our communities. All cafés are free. Everyone is welcome!