As we go into the second decade of the 21st century, legacy industries are contracting while digital forms of communications continue to expand. There are many employment opportunities in digital media. Employers are looking for skills in social media marketing and monitoring, community engagement and management, and social media recruitment.
SFU’s Digital Communications Certificate will give you the knowledge and skills you need to build community around a brand or organization using online content marketing, web advertising, and social media.
Throughout eight practical courses, we’ll focus on the latest tools, techniques, and skills associated with the following:
- Social media networking, integration, and outreach
- Blogs and writing for the web, including the principles of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content marketing
- Online display advertising and pay-per-click platforms
- Website mechanics
Digital Communications Certificate courses
- Best Practices and Emerging Platforms in Social Media
- Branding and Marketing in the Digital Age
- Introduction to HTML/CSS and Web Mechanics
- Social Outreach and Media Integration
- Online Display Advertising and Pay-Per-Click Platforms
- Content Creation, Editing, and Search Engine Optimization
- Rich Media for the Web
- Email Marketing and Mobile Communications
Workshops and courses
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 10:00 AM
Digital Communications Certificate Info Session
Visit our blog
Our blog, Mack the Flack, explores PR, journalism, and communications trends in the digital age.
One-day boot camps
Learn relevant skills in marketing, communications, and digital media.
In the news
There is a growing divide between have and have-not occupations. Our highly educated, creative graduates are increasingly under-employed or unemployed in what analysts call a two-speed labor market.