New Media Journalism
Take a new approach to digital storytelling
Journalism has changed. We still want to know what’s happening around us and why it matters—but instead of opening the paper or watching the news, we turn to YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or the latest blog.
New technology has made journalists of everyone. Some coverage is worth our time, and some isn’t. Good new media reporting is compelling, current and cross-platform.
Grad Alan shares how the program helped him make industry connections and stay on top of industry trends.
New Media Journalism Certificate courses
- Social Media Skills for Freelance Writers JOUR215
- Multi-Platform Writing and Editing JOUR225
- Economics of New Media Journalism JOUR235
- Interviewing: Profile Writing JOUR245
- Law and Ethics in Journalism JOUR315
- Online, Video and Audio Reporting JOUR325
- Specialized Writing JOUR335
- Information Visualization JOUR340
Journalism workshops and courses (available individually)
We also offer a variety of other communications and PR courses and workshops on a stand-alone basis:
Attend an info session
Sat, 25 Feb 2017 10:00 AM
New Media Journalism Certificate Info Session (online)
Meet your instructor
Instructor Mark Yuen on the value of new media journalism
Take a one-day boot camp
Bring your communication and digital media skills to the next level after just one day of essential, hands-on training with industry experts.
Be the first to know
To stay informed about this program, including events, reminders, and other news, please fill out the form below.